This classic Kahlua White Russian has a creamy and rich coffee taste. Made with just a few ingredients and two minutes, this White Russian with Kahlua recipe is always a crowd's favorite!
This classic drink is full of flavor. It's one of my favorite options to serve over the holidays! It's so easy to make, and it tastes great. Let me show you my tips and tricks for this creamy White Russian cocktail!
What You'll Need to Make a Classic White Russian
Here is the full list of all ingredients needed for this recipe. For precise measurements, please look at the recipe card.
- Vodka: I used Tito's vodka as in my other cocktail recipes. You can use any vodka you prefer.
- Kahlua: Kahlua is a classic for this cocktail recipe. It has a smooth and rich coffee taste.
- Half-and-half: I used half-and-half for this classic cocktail. It goes so well with the coffee liqueur and vodka. It gives such a pleasant creamy taste.
- Ice: We need a few ice cubes to add to the glass before pouring the liqueur and cream.
What Tools Do I Need to Make this Kahlua White Russian
You will need some basic home bartending tools and gadgets for this cocktail.
- Old-fashioned lowball glass
- Something to measure the liqueur, like jigger
- Bar spoon
How to make the perfect White Russian cocktail
You can make this classic cocktail in just 2 minutes!
- Add ice halfway to the lowball glass.
- Add Kahlua and vodka.
- Pour the half-and-half and gently stir with the bar spoon to get the swirl effect.
- If you want to cut down the calories, use milk instead or make it the Black Russian.
- Want to add more creaminess? Replace the half-and-half with the heavy cream instead. This will give it an additional creaminess and a fantastic swirl effect when you gently stir the drink with the spoon.
- Don't like a coffee taste? Use Baileys Irish Cream (the Original) instead of Kahlua.
Other Cocktail Recipes You'll Love
Have you tried this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
- 1 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz Kahlua
- 3.5 oz half-and-half
- ice cubes