This green smoothie recipe is packed with nutrients, and it's so delicious! It's creamy, healthy, and so easy to make.
This ultimate green smoothie is the perfect option for breakfast when you need something healthy and easy to make. With lots of fruit, leafy greens, and a touch of matcha powder, you will have a significant vitamin boost in a matter of minutes.
What You'll Need to Make the Best Green Smoothie Recipe
Here is the full list of all ingredients needed for this recipe. For precise measurements, please look at the recipe card.
- Pineapple: I used frozen pineapple chunks for this recipe. The frozen fruit will give the best creamy consistency to the smoothie, and you will avoid adding ice.
- Apple: I used a mix of Golden Delicious apples and Honey Crisp apples. You can substitute them with apples of your choice, but be aware that the taste might differ.
- Spinach: I used fresh spinach leaves for this recipe.
- Banana: I used ripe bananas to add the natural sweetener and the smooth consistency.
- Matcha powder: This is the perfect ingredient for this green smoothie. We need just a little bit. Matcha powder is rich in antioxidants, boosts metabolic rate and burn calories, aids in detoxification, stabilizes blood sugar, etc.
- Liquid: We need a little bit of water to help blend all ingredients. This smoothie will have a medium consistency, so feel free to add more or less liquid if preferred.
Why I Love this Ultimate Green Smoothie
I love this green smoothie because:
- It's healthy: This green smoothie is loaded with nutrients and vitamins. This smoothie is a great option, especially if you are on the go and need a quick breakfast.
- It's delicious: Although there are many greens in this smoothie, this smoothie is so delicious. You can't taste the spinach at all.
- Easy to make: With a few steps and easy instructions, you will have the best green smoothie.
Can I Use Different Greens for This Smoothie
Absolutely! Feel free to replace spinach with one of the following options:
- Beet Greens
- Swiss Chard
Can I Add Yogurt to the Smoothie
Adding yogurt to the smoothie will create a smooth and creamy consistency. Even though the banana will give a similar smoothie consistency, you can add yogurt to kick it up a notch.
Do I have to Use Banana
I love adding bananas to my smoothies, but I know several people who dislike eating bananas. Add avocado or yogurt to replace bananas in this smoothie recipe. If you add avocado, you may need to add a little bit of maple syrup for a sweeter taste.
Can I Use Different Liquid
I wanted to keep it simple for this green smoothie recipe, so I used water as my liquid. If you're going to change it up a bit, try adding coconut water or almond milk.
Which Apples are the Best for Smoothie
I love to use a combo of different apples. For this smoothie recipe, I used Honey Crisp and Golden Delicious apples. I find they have the perfect sweetness/tartness combination. Pink Lady apples are also a great option.
Optional Add-ins to Your Smoothie
Some of the optional ingredients to add to your smoothie are:
- Protein powder
- Flex seeds
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
Optional Toppings to Your Smoothie
This is the step where you can customize it and make it your own. Some of the toppings you can add are:
- Fresh fruit: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, sliced apples, kiwi, pineapple, etc.
- Shredded coconut flakes
How to Meal Prep Green Smoothie
Smoothies generally don't require a long prep time, but if you want to cut down the prep time, even more, you can always meal prep all ingredients, freeze them and then throw them in a blender.
Prepare all ingredients as explained in recipe instructions, minus the liquid, add them to the zip lock bag and throw them into the freezer. Then, when you want to have a smoothie, add all ingredients to a blender and add liquid. You may need to add more water or other liquid because you will have all frozen ingredients.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Green Smoothie
- Use frozen fruit: Use at least one frozen fruit in your smoothie for the creamiest smoothie. This will also help to avoid adding ice to your smoothie.
- Ditch the ice: Ice will water down the smoothie, and it won't have that smooth consistency.
- Use ripe banana: You add a natural sweetener by adding a ripe banana. Also, the smoothie will have a perfectly creamy consistency.
How to Make the Best Green Smoothie
- Prep the ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a jar or a glass and add your favorite toppings.
Other Smoothie Recipes You'll Love
Have you tried any of these smoothie recipes? I would love to hear your comments below!
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 3 apples, peeled
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup water
Wash and peel apples. Then using the apple corer and slicer, remove the apple core and slice it into smaller pieces.
Wash spinach leaves and peel bananas.
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if you prefer a thinner consistency.
Pour into a jar or a glass and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!