This decadent S'mores Martini is a boozy dessert in a glass! With easy preparation and simple ingredients, this martini will impress your guests every time!
You can enjoy this S'mores martini year-round! Whether by a
campfire or a fireplace, this martini will be the hit. It's such a beautiful
and fun cocktail for after dinner.
What You'll Need to Make a S'mores Martini
- Baileys S'mores Liqueur: I used Baileys S'mores liqueur for this cocktail recipe. Please note that this is a limited edition flavor that Baileys released. It has a divine creamy and milky texture. It tastes like toasted marshmallows.
- De Kuyper Crème de Cacao: I wanted to add more chocolate flavor to this martini.
- Vodka: You will need half a shot of vodka for this cocktail. I used Tito's vodka. Feel free to use any vodka you prefer.
- Ice: I used crushed ice. This will make the drink more frothy.
Why You'll Love this Martini
- Easy preparation: There are a couple of extra steps for preparing the garnishes and the glass, but other than that, making the martini is so easy and does not require any special bartender experience.
- Flavor: Imagine s'mores with chocolate by the campfire. It's so delicious. The distinctive Baileys flavor with the notes of marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey's chocolate will bring this martini to the next level.
- Texture: Creamy and silky texture of this cocktail is sensational.
Equipment and Tools Needed
- A cocktail shaker
- A strainer
- Something to measure the liqueur, like a jigger
- Cocktail skewers
How to Make
First, we will start with preparing the martini glasses
- Crush graham crackers and place them on a plate. Pour Hershey's chocolate syrup on another plate.
- Dip the rim of the martini glass in chocolate, then in graham cracker crumbles.
- Place the glass into a freezer for 10 – 15 minutes.
While the glass is in the freezer, prepare the garnishes
Make the martini
- Take a marshmallow and poke it with a cocktail skewer.
- Dip the marshmallow into chocolate syrup and graham cracker crumbles.
- Also, if you want to make it fancier, carefully torch the marshmallow when you serve the drink.
- Add crushed ice, Baileys, DeKuyper Crème de Cacao, Vodka, and half-and-half.
- Shake vigorously for 5 – 10 seconds.
- Using a mesh cocktail strainer, pour the martini into a chilled glass.
- Place the cocktail skewer with marshmallow onto the rim of the glass. Serve immediately!
Expert Tips and Tricks
- Use crushed ice: I always use crushed ice when making a martini that includes half-and-half or milk. This will make the cocktail frothier.
- Chill the glass: To avoid a mess with chocolate syrup and to keep the cold cocktail longer, chill the glass for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Shake vigorously: This step is crucial. To ensure all ingredients will be blended and create a beautiful frothy foam, you will need to shake the cocktail shaker well.
Recipe Variations and Ingredients Substitution
- Use marshmallow vodka: Since the main ingredient for this cocktail is a limited edition, and you can't find Baileys S'mores flavor, use marshmallow vodka instead. In this case, I would use the original Baileys flavor.
- Use Kahlua: To add more coffee flavor, use Kahlua instead of DeKuyper Crème de Cacao.
- Omit DeKuyper Crème de Cacao: If you prefer not to mix any other flavor, use only Bailey's S'mores liqueur. Use 3 oz of Bailey's S'mores liqueur.
How to Toast a Marshmallow Indoors
Be very careful when toasting a marshmallow indoors. Here are some pretty quick options:
- Using a gas stove.
- Using a lighter.
- Using a kitchen torch.
How to Serve
If you are in a hurry, you can skip adding garnishes, but always serve this martini in a chilled glass. You can always place the martini glasses in the freezer in advance and then use them when needed.
Other Cocktail and Martini Recipes You'll Love
Have you made this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your suggestions and recipe variations.
For garnish and decoration
- Hershey's chocolate syrup
- Crushed Graham crackers
- 2 oz Baileys S'mores liqueur
- 1 oz DeKuyper Crème de Cacao
- 1/2 oz Vodka
- 3 oz half-and-half
- Crushed ice
Prepare the glass: Crush a few graham crackers and place them on a plate. On another plate, pour some Hershey's chocolate syrup. Dip the rim of the martini glass into chocolate syrup and then into the graham crackers crumbles. Place the glass into the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the garnish: Take 2-3 marshmallows and poke them with a cocktail skewer. Dip the marshmallows into chocolate syrup and graham crackers crumbs, or torch the marshmallows.
Make the martini: Add crushed ice, Baileys, DeKuyper Crème de Cacao, Vodka, and half-and-half to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds. Place the mesh strainer onto the cocktail shaker and pour the martini into a chilled glass. Add your marshmallows, garnish and serve immediately!