This sheet pan sausage and veggies is such an easy yet delicious meal. With the simple prep and minimal cleanup needed, this dish is ready in no time.
This simple dish combines the hearty sausage and caramelized onions and, brussels sprouts. Add the tender baby potatoes, juicy cherry tomatoes and, yummy bell peppers and, you have the perfect sheet pan dinner!
What You'll Need to Make a Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Here is the full list of all ingredients needed for this recipe. For precise measurements, please look at the recipe card.
- Sausage: I used the cooked sausage. The Polska Kielbasa from the Hillshire Farm. You can use any sausage you prefer.
- Baby Potatoes: Adding some fiber to this dish.
- Brussels Sprouts: One of my favorite vegetables. Brussels sprouts will caramelize beautifully while being roasted.
- Onion: Onion will get caramelized and soft. The onion will add fantastic flavor to the dish.
- Garlic: Adding a little bit of garlic for an additional flavor. Feel free to add more or less, based on your preference.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes are an excellent addition to this dish. They are sweet, and the tomatoes juices will add more flavor to all other veggies and sausage.
- Bell Peppers: I love bell peppers. I like to use red, orange, or yellow bell peppers. They have the best flavor.
- Olive Oil: Adding just a little bit of olive oil to prevent the veggies from sticking to the pan.
- Salt: Just a little bit goes a long way, especially if the sausage is salty.
- Grounded Black Pepper: Just a little bit of grounded black pepper.
- Dry Thyme Leaves: Adding a little bit of grounded dry thyme leaves for added flavor.
- Old Bay Seasoning: This seasoning is an excellent choice for this dish. If you want to kick it up a notch, replace it with Cajun seasoning.
- Consommé Seasoning: As in many other dishes I prepare, this is one of the favorite seasonings I like to use.
How to Make a Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
You will have the most delicious sheet pan sausage and veggies dinner with some prep time and simple steps.
- 1. Preheat the oven and prep the veggies.
- 2. Spread the sausage and veggies onto the parchment-lined baking sheet while leaving the brussels sprouts and cherry tomatoes on the counter. Roast for 15 minutes.
- 3. Arrange the brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet and scatter the halved cherry tomatoes onto the baking sheet. Return the baking sheet into the oven for another 25-28 minutes.
That's it! It's as simple as that.
- Gather all ingredients and prep them: I always gather and prep all ingredients before cooking/baking whenever I make a new recipe.
- Make it your own: Feel free to replace or add some other vegetables. Just note that the bake time might differ.
- Skip the sausage and make it vegetarian-friendly: You will have a vegetarian-friendly meal or a side dish if you omit the sausage.
What goes Well with Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
If you included the sausage in this recipe, this could be a meal on its own. You could always serve some fresh salad or a Chicken Orzo Soup
alongside this meal.
How to Store Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
Store it in the air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat it in the microwave when you want to eat it again.
More Easy Recipes to Try
- Baked Butternut Squash: Tasty and straightforward recipe, packed with healthy veggies, this side dish is prepared in one skillet.
- Baked Salmon in Foil: Cooked until tender with lemon butter garlic sauce, this salmon recipe is done in 30 minutes.
Have you made this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your suggestions and recipe variations.
- 1 cooked sausage (13oz)
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 medium onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp grounded black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme leaves
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp consommé seasoning
Line the full-size baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheits.
Cut the onions into equal thin strips and scatter them onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Cut the sausage into approximately one-quarter slices. Then clean and cut the garlic into thin pieces. Wash, remove the seed, and cut the bell peppers into thin strips. Wash and cut the baby potatoes in half.
Spread the sausage, garlic, bell peppers strips, and baby potatoes onto the baking sheet. Pour the four tablespoons of canola oil onto the sausage and veggies. Then, sprinkle the seasoning (old bay seasoning, thyme, consommé seasoning, ¼ tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp grounded black pepper). Toss around the veggies until evenly coated.
Put the baking sheet into the oven for 15 minutes. While the sausage and veggies are roasting, clean the brussels sprouts. Wash them and remove any loose leaves. Then, cut the bottom piece and then cut the brussels sprouts into halves. Set them aside into the bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of black pepper. Then drizzle the 1 tbsp canola oil and mix until evenly coated. Finally, wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them into halves.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and toss the sausage and veggies to ensure nothing sticks to the pan. Arrange the brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet, with their flat sides down. Make sure to place them whenever you have a room around other veggies (you want to put them onto the baking sheet directly if possible). Then scatter the halved cherry tomatoes onto the baking sheet. Return the baking sheet into the oven for another 25-28 minutes.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and poke the baby potatoes with the fork. If they are tender, your meal is done baking. If not, return to the oven for another 3 minutes. Serve immediately.