This delicious dessert in glass has layered plazma biscuits and vanilla whipped cream. It's a perfect no-bake biscuits parfait with a beautiful coffee aroma.
Parfaits come to the rescue whenever you want to impress your guest or want to have a fancy dessert. This no-bake, easy to assemble dessert is prepared in no time. Let me show you my best tips and tricks for making the best biscuit parfaits.
What You'll Need to Make a Plazma Biscuit Parfaits
- Plazma biscuits: We use Plazma (lane) biscuits for this dessert recipe. I use my tried and true biscuit in many other recipes. It has the perfect amount of sweetness, so it's not overpowering. You can find it on Amazon or any Balkan food grocery store.
- Instant coffee: I used Nescafe Taster's Choice, a light to medium roast.
- Kahlua liqueur: This is one of my favorite liqueurs. We need a little bit for this recipe.
- Heavy whipping cream: We are making whipped cream for the moose part. I used heavy whipping cream, which forms beautiful soft peaks once mixed up.
- Powdered sugar: Just a little bit of powdered sugar to add the sweetness to the whipped cream.
- Vanilla extract: I used a little bit of vanilla extract to add flavor to the whipped cream.
What is Parfait
There are so many different parfait recipes and variations, but they all have one thing in common – it's a layered recipe in a clear glass so that you can see all the beautiful layers.
They can be served as a breakfast, especially if you make it with yogurt, granola, fruit, etc. But in this case, it's more as a dessert.
These biscuit parfaits can be a perfect Valentine's dessert.
Why this Recipe Works
- Easy to make
- Creamy and delicious
- Beautiful coffee aroma
- The ideal amount of sweetness
How to Make Plazma Biscuit Parfaits
- Gather all ingredients and prepare the glasses.
- Prepare the biscuits layer – grind the biscuits and add warm coffee to the mixture, a few tablespoons at a time. Mix with a spatula until combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Prepare the mousse – add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar to the mixer. Beat on high speed until soft peaks are formed. It only takes a few minutes.
- Layer the dessert - Start with adding the biscuits mixture to each glass, and then add a layer of whipping cream. Add the layers alternately until you finish with the whipping cream on top.
- Add the garnished on top.
Tips and Tricks for Success
- Have all ingredients prepared and the glasses to layer the dessert.
- You will need wider clear glasses for this dessert, like large stemless wine glasses, but as I mentioned before, you can use martini glasses to make it even more pretty and presentable.
- When making whipped cream, please don't walk away: It only takes a few minutes to beat the beautiful whipped cream with soft peaks. If you beat the heavy whipping cream for too long, it will curdle, and it will be hard to layer in a glass.
- Skip the liqueur: If you want to make it kid-friendly or simply want to skip the liqueur, omit the Kahlua.
- Add different toppings: Experiment with other toppings. Add caramel topping, melted chocolate, or even rainbow or chocolate jimmies.
- Make it crunchy: To make this parfait more crunchy, start adding a few tablespoons of coffee to the grounded biscuits until you reach the desired consistency.
Can I Make these Biscuit Parfaits Ahead of Time
You can make these parfaits ahead of time, but the biscuits layer might become soggy. So if you prefer a more crunchy texture, I suggest preparing them when you want to serve them.
How to Serve
You can serve this dessert at room temperature as soon as you make it, or you can put it in a fridge for half an hour first. Note that if you don't serve it right away, the biscuits might become soggy.
More Dessert Recipes You'll Love
Have you made this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your suggestions and recipe variations.
For the biscuits mixture
- 1 1/3 bag Plazma (lane) biscuits (200g)
- 12 tbsp warm water
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp Kahlua liqueur
For the mousse
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- ground plazma biscuits
- shredded Lindt chocolate
- Lindt chocolate cubes
Grind the biscuits in a blender or a food processor. Transfer to a medium-size bowl.
Add instant coffee powder to warm water and mix until the coffee is diluted. Pour the coffee into the bowl with grounded biscuits and add Kahlua liqueur. Mix with a spatula until combined.
To prepare a whipping cream, add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixer bowl and mix on high speed for a few minutes. The whipping cream should have soft peaks formed once you lift the mixer's head.
Take four glasses – I used martini glasses to make it look pretty, but feel free to use any tall glass (but not too narrow, since it will be difficult to layer the dessert). Start with adding the biscuits mixture to each glass, and then add a layer of whipping cream. Add the layers alternately until you finish with the whipping cream on top.
Garnish with ground plazma biscuits, shredded Lindt chocolate, and Lindt chocolate cube.