This mango apple smoothie is rich in nutrients, and it's dairy-free! It's perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack, and it's packed with delicious fruit and a touch of turmeric.
Whether you need a healthy breakfast to pick you up in the morning or a fresh and creamy treat in the afternoon, this mango smoothie recipe is a perfect choice!
What You'll Need to Make a Mango Apple Smoothie
Here is the full list of all ingredients needed for this recipe. For precise measurements, please look at the recipe card.
- Mango: I used frozen mango chunks in this recipe. I always have a bag of frozen mango chunks in my freezer. It's so convenient, especially during the wintertime. Mango is an excellent source of magnesium and potassium, which are connected to lower blood pressure. Mango is also great for stabilizing your digestive system.
- Apples: I used fresh apples, specifically the pink lady apples. I love them because they have such great taste and go very well with mango. Apples are great for lowering your cholesterol and blood pressure. They can support a healthy immune system and aid digestion. They are also rich in antioxidants and are diabetes-friendly fruit.
- Turmeric powder: Just a little bit goes a long way. If you use more than half a teaspoon, the smoothie will taste bitter.
- Banana: I used fresh banana in this smoothie recipe. Feel free to swap it for fresh avocado to achieve a similar creaminess.
- Water: For this smoothie recipe, I decided to use regular water. I usually use milk in my other smoothie recipes, but I wanted to have a dairy-free option.
How to Make a Mango Apple Smoothie
With just four easy steps and a handful of ingredients, you will have the fantastic mango apple smoothie.
- 1. Start with washing, peeling, and coring the apples. If you prefer, you can leave the skin on.
- 2. Put all ingredients in a blender.
- 3. Blend until smooth.
- 4. Pour into a bowl or a glass and add your favorite toppings.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Mango
Frozen mango will give a more creamy texture to a smoothie. If you prefer to use fresh mango, you definitely can. Note that you may need to cut down on liquid.
How to Meal Prep Smoothies in Advance
Even though you can prepare this mango smoothie recipe in a few minutes, you can cut down prep time even more by doing meal prep. Prepare all the ingredients, minus the liquid, and put them in a freezer bag.
When ready to use, just put the ingredients in a blender, add liquid and blend until smooth. Add more water until you reach the desired consistency.
Ways to Customize Your Smoothie
There are many ways you can customize this mango smoothie, but here are a few:
- Swap fruit: If you don't like bananas, you can use fresh avocado instead. It will give a similar creaminess, and you will cut down on sugar.
- Add your favorite toppings: This is the way to make it your own. Feel free to add different fruits, nuts, or seeds.
- Use different liquids: Instead of water, feel free to use milk of your choice or even juice of your preference.
Do you Peel Apples for Smoothies
I always peel the apples if I use them for smoothies, but that’s a personal choice. You don't have to. Just make sure to wash them and remove the wax.
If you don't peel the apples, the smoothie will have an altered texture, and it will have a slightly different color once you blend all ingredients.
Which Apples are the Best for Smoothies
For this recipe, I used pink lady apples. I find that they have the perfect tartness/sweetness combination. They are more on the tartness side but feel free to use different apples, like Piñata, Fuji, or Red Delicious.
Other Smoothie Recipes You May Like
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 apples
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup water
Wash and peel apples. Remove the core.
In a blender, put all ingredients together.
Blend until smooth.
Spoon into a bowl or a glass and add your favorite toppings.