This creamy and delicious Godiva chocolate martini is made with just a handful of ingredients, and no bartender experience is needed!
This Godiva Chocolate Martini is a creamy and decadent dessert in a glass. It's very drinkable, but don't let it fool you. You need only one or two of these – you'll thank me later. :)
I love martinis in general, but especially chocolate or espresso martinis. A couple of years ago, we had a family gathering at my husband's uncle's house for a Christmas party, and he made this Godiva chocolate martini. He gave me this recipe, I modified it a little bit, and I've been making it ever since.
This Godiva chocolate martini recipe is perfect for fall and winter, but I often make it throughout the year as well. You can say it's my favorite drink ever.
What You'll Need to Make a Godiva Chocolate Martini
Here is the full list of all ingredients needed for this recipe. For precise measurements, please look at the recipe card.
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur: I used Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur. This one will have a creamy and rich flavor.
- DeKuyper Crème: I used DeKuyper Crème de Cacao Dark Liquer. It works great in combination with Godiva liqueur.
- Vodka: I used Tito's vodka. This is my favorite vodka. Of course, you can substitute it for the vodka of your preference - just a note if using vanilla-flavored vodka, that will add more sweetness to this martini.
- Half-and-Half: Adding half-and-half will make this martini recipe so creamy.
- Ice: I like to use crushed ice. I think it blends a little better with all the ingredients.
What Tools do I Need to Make this Godiva Chocolate Martini
To make this chocolate martini recipe, you'll need some basic home bartending tools.
- A cocktail shaker
- A strainer
- Something to measure the liqueur, like jigger
If you don't have some of these tools I mentioned, this article
from FOOD52 gives excellent suggestions for replacements!
How to Make Godiva Chocolate Martini
Before I start making this Godiva chocolate martini recipe, I gather all equipment and ingredients. I always put the martini glass in the freezer before I start making the cocktail. It helps with chilling the drink.
Then, fill the cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice and add all other ingredients. Cover the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds, holding both top and bottom.
Using the cocktail strainer, strain into a chilled glass and add your favorite toppings.
And voila, you have the fancy martini in just a few minutes!
As you can see, you don't need any special knowledge or bartending experience to make this yummy martini recipe. The martini that I made the first time tastes the same as the martini I made last weekend.
Recipe Variations for Godiva Chocolate Martini
Godiva Chocolate Liqueur:
- Dark: Godiva Dark Chocolate Liqueur will have a flavor of unsweetened dark chocolate and a hint of cold-brewed coffee.
- Milk Chocolate: Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur is the perfect balance between Dark and White Chocolate Liqueur. It's creamy, yet it still has a strong liqueur taste.
- White Chocolate: Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur is very creamy, and it's perfect for a white chocolate martini.
DeKuyper Crème de Cacao:
- Crème de Cacao Dark Liqueur: is dark brown, sweet liqueur, and has a rich, dark chocolate flavor.
- Crème de Cacao White Liqueur: is a clear, colorless, sweet liqueur with an intense milk chocolate flavor.
Other Cocktail Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
- 1.5 oz Godiva Milk Chocolate Liqueur
- 1.5 oz DeKuyper Crème de Cacao
- 0.5 oz Tito's Vodka
- 3 oz Half-and-half
- Crushed ice
Before I start making a martini, I put the martini glass into the freezer. It will make a difference.
Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice.
Add the remaining ingredients (liqueur and half-and-half).
Shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds. This is the most crucial step!
Using the cocktail strainer, strain into a chilled glass and add your favorite toppings. I love to add hazelnut or shaved chocolate pieces.