This Baileys Espresso Martini has a rich and creamy taste. This cocktail is the perfect after-dinner drink or for the upcoming holiday season!
This Bailey's martini is such a fun drink! It's perfect for
Christmas or New Year gatherings. It's creamy and full of coffee flavor.
This cocktail is ready within minutes with some primary home
What You'll Need to Make a Baileys Espresso Martini
Here is the full list of all ingredients needed for this recipe. For precise measurements, please look at the recipe card.
- Baileys: For this recipe, I used Baileys Espresso Crème. This Bailey's variations will give it an additional creaminess and more coffee flavor.
- Kahlua: I love Kahlua so much. It's the most famous rum and coffee liqueur. We will use equal parts of Kahlua and Bailey's.
- Vodka: I used Tito's vodka, but you can use any vodka you prefer.
- Half-and-half: For extra creaminess, we are using half-and-half. It goes so well with the liqueur.
- Ice: I used crushed ice for this recipe. Since you will be shaking the cocktail for just 5-10 seconds, there is no worry that the crushed ice will water out the martini.
Does Baileys Need to be Refrigerated
There is always that dilemma when it comes to storing this creamy liqueur. The short answer is no, but here are some tips to make sure you store it properly, even after you open the bottle.
- You can store it outside the fridge, but make sure the temperature does not go above 77 Fahrenheit (or 25 Celsius). Keep it in the dark space, away from direct sunlight and heat.
- When you open the bottle, make sure to seal the bottle tightly.
What Tools Do I Need to Make this Baileys Espresso Martini
As for any other martini, you'll need some basic home bartending tools to make this cocktail.
- A cocktail shaker
- A strainer
- Something to measure the liqueur, like jigger
How to Make Baileys Espresso Martini
- Chill the glass in the freezer.
- Add ice halfway into the cocktail shaker and add liqueur and half-and-half.
- Shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds. This step is crucial.
- Stir into a chilled glass and add your favorite garnishes.
This martini has a very sweet taste, so if you would like to change it up a little bit, here are some options:
- Replace Baileys Espresso Crème for the regular Baileys liqueur.
- For additional creaminess, use heavy cream instead of half-and-half.
Other Martini and Cocktail Recipes You'll Love
Have you tried this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
- 1.5 oz Kahlua
- 1.5 oz Baileys Espresso Crème
- 0.5 oz Vodka
- 3 oz Half-and-half
- Crushed ice
Put the martini glass in the freezer for at least 5-10 minutes.
Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice.
Add the liqueur and half-and-half.
Shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds. This step is the most important.
Using the cocktail strainer, strain into a chilled glass and add your favorite toppings. I added a little bit of cinnamon and cocoa powder and whole coffee beans.